Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

FNSI - thanks to the Crafty Quilter

I almost forgot to register for FNSI and then I forgot to take photo's. I cut out the fabric for 2 table runners and backed my cross stitch on Friday night and then on Saturday I started to put the table runners together. The pattern came from The Crafty Quilter. One is for a friend and the larger one is for my table. The original size looked a bit daft on my table so I'd adapted it to make it longer. Must say I'm really pleased with it so far.

This is for a friend; progress being made 


Top almost finished - just the applique to add and sew on the ric rac - 


This is for my table (unfortunately I don't have enough blue ric rac so it will be a while before I can finish it). I'll add more photo's when I've added the applique.





I'll put ric rac on either side of the squares to finish it off I think. Not my usual colours but I think they work.

Now to show off my finished cross stitch - 

I didn't like the back (I know no-one else will see but I know what's there) so I covered the back too - 


Well I must go and start some applique! Check out what everyone else got up to over at Sugarlane Quilts








No comments: